Friday, September 2, 2022

Monthly Goal Update: August 2022

Welcome, September!

Hard to believe we’re here and the summer is officially over. It just started, right??!!??!? I’m not making that up… We’re back to school, most kids are (and, uh, I’ve already seen some schools have to close due to an overwhelming number of COVID cases, sigh), and while the weather *should* be cooling down, it’s likely going to stay warm around here for a bit, so I’ll just be enjoying the ability to be outside for as long as it lasts!

It's been a pretty productive month here, even though my days are now absolutely dominated by school, cooking, and cleaning. I’m happy with the progress I made on my goals here, and I’m on my way with some other projects, so that’s definitely reason to celebrate!

Here’s how August went for me in terms of my yearly goals.

 

Read 100 books.

Done!



 

Subgoal: read all the ebooks on my list.

I am finishing ebook #3 now. Ebooks #2 and #1 are also in my possession, so this will be marked off in September!!! 

 

Sew at least one thing.

I’m thinking this likely won’t happen this year, but that’s okay.

 

Knit at least one thing.

SO close to finishing my blanket. Two rows of the last stripe, then I gotta work on weaving those ends in!

 

Crochet at least one thing.

As soon as this blanket is done, I’ll start on this earwarmer for my daughter.

 

Finish my grandmother’s cross-stitch.

Done!



 

Work my way through Prayerbook Hebrew the Easy Way.

No progress here. Just not enough time in my days right now.

 

Read at least one book in French.

DONE!!!! I finally finished Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry! Phew. I knew I would, but it’s a relief to have one more item knocked off the list.

 

Bonus: write one thing and get it published.

Nope! Not much time to write, nor the energy for it.

 

Do at least six drawings.

Two down:



Watch more Karl Johan.

Nope. No time.

 

Three items down, progress on others. I’m happy with that! Life is a lot different for me now than when I first made the list, so there’s just a lot of things that I don’t have time for, but I’m happy to make any kind of progress on any of the items here. By next month, I should have finished the blanket and hopefully gotten that crocheted earwarmer tackled. I’ll have at least a few more drawings done; we’re doing art every Wednesday, so that’ll give me some time to sit down with my drawing pad and pencils. Those last two ebooks should be tackled by, I'm thinking, next weekend.

There’s really no way for me to get through Prayerbook Hebrew the Easy Way this year. Hebrew is tough, and it takes time and brain power I just don’t have right now, with everything else I’m doing (i.e., with homeschooling taking up the majority of my days right now). If my daughter is ever able to go back to public school, I’ll happily pick it back up, because I really want to improve my Hebrew!

And that’s it for this month! Onward to September and more progress.

How did you do this month?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment