Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Monthly Goals Update: May 2022

Another month! Here we are in June. The weather hasn’t quite got the memo that it’s supposed to be warm full-time, so we’ve either been having 90 degrees or high 60’s/low70’s (with a ridiculously cool breeze). I’ve stopped trying to even figure it out.

This month wasn’t the flurry of productivity I’d hoped for near the end, thanks to the Migraine-a-palooza that my body decided to throw, but I think I did okay in some parts. I had been planning on sitting down this past weekend with Le Petit Prince and my Prayerbook Hebrew; instead, I hung out in bed and threw up a few times. NOT quite as fun, but I’ll make up for it!

Here’s how I did this month!

 

Read 100 books.

 


Coming along swimmingly! It’ll be a slower year overall, but that’s okay, too. I’m feeling good about where I’m at in my TBR, and I’m getting a decent amount of reading done each day.

 

Subgoal: read all the ebooks on my list.

Making progress here! I now only have six left. I did remove two that I wasn’t really interested in reading anymore, and my library no longer had one of them available as a kindle book anyway, so that was definitely a sign!

 

Sew at least one thing.

Nothing yet. If I do end up sewing something, I’m going to have to hand-sew it. My son is back home, so using his desk as a sewing table is out, and since I’ve been waiting on my husband to clean up his mess off the kitchen table since December (I WISH I WERE JOKING. I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF), it doesn’t look like there will be a place for my sewing machine, anyway. I’ll have to figure out what I’m doing here…

 

Knit at least one thing.

Progress!

 


This isn’t going to be a full-sized blanket, more like a lap blanket, and it’ll go to my daughter when I’m done (which I’m looking forward to, since I’d like to knit another pair of socks). She doesn’t know this yet, though, so it’ll be a nice surprise for her.

 

Crochet one thing.

I think I’ve made up my mind I’m going to crochet my daughter an ear warmer, likely this one. I’ve got some really plushy yellow yarn that might work well for this, but if not, I have others that will definitely work. I tend to like to focus only on one project at a time, though, so this may continue to be put off until I finish that blanket!

 

Work my way through Prayerbook Hebrew the Easy Way.

LOLOLOLOL not this past month!

 

Read at least one book in French.

As soon as my head starts cooperating and the medication side effects are gone, I’ll be able to dive back into Le Petit Prince again!

 

Bonus: write something and get it published!

There’s a reason this is a bonus…

 

Do at least six drawings.

I haven’t drawn anything yet, but this is coming! My daughter and I decided to switch her schedule around in the fall so she has time for art and music, and so on Wednesdays, we’ll do math, then leave the rest of the day up to art projects and music lessons and gym class (this is what her school’s schedule was during first grade, so we’re going off of that). I enjoyed doing art with her during virtual first grade, so I’m looking forward to participating with her again!

 

Watch more Karl Johan.

Nope.

 

So, despite a crummy end to the month, with back-to-back-to-back migraines, I feel like I’ve made decent progress on these goals. They’ve been in mind, even if I haven’t been physically working at them, and that’s sometimes a huge part of the battle right there. Even knowing what I’m going to crochet gets me that much closer to being able to sit down and whip out the final project.

Wishing you all a wonderful, healthy, safe, and productive June! : )

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely moving right along on those goals. Just keep slowly moving forward.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady, right??? I think this list and what I've checked off of it would look much different had the year not ended up with us homeschooling, but I wouldn't change that for the world! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    ...I'm so sorry about your headaches...they sound really horrible...you are making great progress on your goals...I love your blanket and that you're going to surprise your daughter with it...I'm sure she'll treasure it...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, these have been really nasty. I don't know that there's anything to be done about them (they're not really frequent enough for the doctor to start me on a preventative - they did try one that's usually used as a blood pressure med, but obviously it didn't help much!), so I kind of just have to get as much done on the decent days, I guess!
      Have a great week! : )

      Delete