Sunday, May 1, 2022

Monthly Goals update: April 2022

 Welcome to May! The promise of warmer weather is right around the corner. Our temps are sloooooooooowly creeping up; we have a day or two in the 70’s in about a week or so, and more days in the 60’s – which is better than the 40’s and 50’s we’ve been having! We’ve had some Mays when it’s STILL in the 50’s at the end of the month, so I’m trying to not get my hopes up too much, but it’s hard!!!

April was an entirely ridiculous month for getting much  of anything done on my list of goals. Homeschooling just sucks up so much of my time, and then throw in the daily cooking, cleaning, and exercise (which is not helping my back hurt less, but I’m still doing it anyway!), and my time to do anything else is fairly nonexistent. Which is a bummer, but I’m doing the best I can.

Here’s what I mostly didn’t get done in April!

 

Read 100 books.

 


Ten more than last month! Not quite halfway there, but not bad. Could be worse. Ten is a really slow month for me, but slow is the name of the game right now!

 

Subgoal: read all the ebooks on my list.

I did read one ebook this month from my list, so there’s that! Nine more to complete before I knock all of these off the list.

 

Sew at least one thing..

So, no progress on this yet, but I did have a very informative conversation with someone online who was talking about how she learned how to hand-sew, and she does all her sewing like that, even quilting and clothing. This absolutely fascinated me, so I asked her a few questions and she provided me with a list of links and resources, which I immediately bookmarked. I still need to fix my sewing machine, so this appeals to me because of that, but there’s also something lovely about the idea of sitting here in my cozy chair, stitching away. Something to consider!

 

Knit at least one thing.

In progress! Not enough time to work on it, but it’s lovely when I do.

 


 

Crochet one thing.

Not yet! I’ll likely wait until I get done with my blanket to start this (or wait until I’m at a pause point, meaning, I need more scrap yarn and am on the lookout for it on Freecycle).

 

Finish my grandmother’s cross-stitch.

Completed!

 

Work my way through Prayerbook Hebrew the Easy Way.

No progress this month. I’m thinking I’ll get much more done on this during the long summer days out on my porch swing. Little bit of study before I read whatever I’m reading for fun is usually my MO, so hopefully you’ll start seeing more progress in this category by the end of this month or next month!

 

Read at least one book in French.

Nope, not this month. This is also something I’ll work on more out on the swing: a chapter or two of Le Petit Prince before moving on to my regular reading.

 

Bonus: write something and get it published.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I’ve struggled keeping up with my blogging this month. No progress in this category.

 

Do at least six drawings.

NOPE.

 

Watch more Karl Johan.

Absolutely not.

 

Creeping along and doing my best. I wonder what this list would have looked like if I’d been homeschooling when I wrote it. I just have to keep reminding myself that slow progress is progress, and some things take priority, like ensuring my daughter gets an excellent education (which she is! I’ve been so impressed by her progress. Her counselor asked her this week if she knew the word ‘perspective,’ and she whipped out an excellent definition right away. And just now, she brought up a scenario about evolution to my husband – who is a molecular biologist – that showed me she was very much paying attention to that book we just finished about evolution). I’m at least doing *something* right here!

Happy working towards your goals in May, friends! May (heehee! Pun absolutely intended) we all make excellent progress this month.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    ...this is such a good way to keep on track with your goals...I loved the little prince...and I actually thought reading the Che book in spanish...but then decided against that as it would probably take me twice as long...haha...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying keeping up with it; it keeps me honest and gives me something to work toward! :) Have a great weekend!!!

      Delete