Monday, May 30, 2022

What's Been Going On: Thursday, 26 May - Sunday, 29 May, 2022

 You know what they say about the best-laid plans…

I had such great plans for this weekend, and then….THHHHHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBTTTT, nothing.

I hate when that happens, but this very much wasn’t my fault, and you’ll see what I mean in a few, since this update will look a little different than normal. Oh well. I suppose there’s always hope for next weekend?

 

Here’s what I was up to – and, uh, not up to – the second half of last week…

 

Thursday, 26 May, 2022

After coffee and breakfast, I wrote and edited my Thursday post. I got dressed, filled and ran the dishwasher, cleaned off the stovetop, took out the recycling and compost, then chopped and froze a bag of red peppers.

I chopped some onions and potatoes, took out more compost, then brought in a jalapeno from the garage freezer. I rested for a bit on the computer, then made a batch of curry burgers out of last week’s Indian dal (added some flax and breadcrumbs, and they turned out great!), which we had for lunch.

After lunch, I emptied and refilled the dishwasher, and I made a batch of samosa wrap filling – and then two more trips to the compost! I cleaned the kitchen and filled and ran the dishwasher again, and then it was time for some reading in my chair.

I finished And Now I Spill the Family Secrets by Margaret Kimball, followed by all of Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant by Roz Chast. I ate dinner and did my Duolingo, then took a quick library trip to pick up a few extra books for the holiday weekend (driving, not walking this time, because there was no way my back could’ve handled the walk).

At home, I put dinner away and showered, did my Duolingo, and started reading The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan. I knit and watched some YouTube afterwards, before going to bed.

 

Friday, 27 May, 2022

After coffee, I wrote and posted Friday’s post, then got dressed, I emptied and refilled the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen, then I tidied the living room. I spent some time on the computer, and after a brief early lunch, my daughter and I were off to her counselor.

At home, I helped my son with the creation of his skillet dinner and supervised his first use of our air fryer (he’d used a different style and wasn’t sure how to run ours at first). Afterwards, I dozed on the chair, then messed around on the computer for a few before cooking the eggs that went with the skillet. We had dinner, I knit and watched some YouTube videos, then showered and did my Duolingo. I knit a little more and connected to my synagogue’s weekly Shabbat services when it was time. When that was done, I looked for some new books on NetGalley (and found some!). My husband and I watched an episode of Under the Banner of Heaven before bed.

 

Saturday, 28 May – Sunday, 29 May, 2022

And it started from the moment I woke up.:

MIGRAINE.

All day.

That’s it.

That’s literally all I did all day was deal with effects of the migraine.

But it wasn’t just Saturday. Check the dates up there.

I woke up in the middle of the Sunday AM hours with the migraine roaring just as fiercely, sending me running down the bathroom hall TWICE to throw up (in addition to the time Saturday morning it had made me throw up).

The headache pain does die down for me after a while. It takes a really long time, along with powerful prescription drugs (that insurance doesn’t want to pay for, of course. Anyone know any BCBS executives so I can go throw up on them? Because they don’t seem to think that’s a big deal at all for me, so it shouldn’t be a big deal for them either, right???), but I do get some relief from the being-stabbed-in-the-head-with-an-icepick-every-time-I-inhale feeling, but what doesn’t leave me all day long is the nausea, the exhaustion, the stomach problems, the dizziness. That’s an all day, sometimes multiple-day thing (what with the ‘migraine hangover’ that’s so fond of sticking around). I did manage to get some reading done over the weekend, even out on my swing, but it was while feeling the constant full-body effects of this migraine from hell. And of course, I still cooked and cleaned the kitchen, because apparently while I was off vomiting and feeling like my head would explode, my entire family broke their arms and legs, rendering every single one of them entirely incapable of preparing a single meal or cleaning up after themselves more than one would expect, say, a zoo animal!

 

So that’s it! I had a huge list of things I was planning on getting done this weekend, and instead I threw up and lay in bed with my eyes closed. NOT exactly what I had planned on.

Crossing all the things that all of you had a more pleasant weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie, I'm so very sorry that you've had to endure another migraine...
    ...and I sure hope the aftereffects calm down for you soon too...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was an awful, awful weekend (because of course it stretched into Monday as well!). MRI for me next week. I'm still feeling off, but at least there's no searing head pain or vomiting, so I'll take it! Have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  2. Nothing worse than a migraine. I really hate getting them as like you they stay with me for days.

    I hope that today was so much better for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so awful! I'm so sorry that you get them too. I'm definitely feeling more energetic today. Little bit dizzy here and there, and screens are still not the best, but MUCH better than I was this weekend!!! :)

      Delete