Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Monthly goals update: July 2022

 Hello, August!

How on earth did we get here? It’s pretty much the end of summer; we’ll start back with regular school in three weeks (my daughter is NOT impressed by this!). I’m looking forward to the routine, and I’m definitely looking forward to all the cool stuff we’ll cover this year, but I’m absolutely not looking forward to the rush that is trying to not only get everything we need to covered, but also keep the house clean and get dinner on the table, along with doing things for myself that help me maintain a modicum of sanity. I really enjoy homeschooling my daughter; I just need approximately 234923894732824 more hours in the day. That’s not too much to ask, right?

Anyway, here’s how July went in terms of goals.

 

Read 100 books.

Done!

 


In normal years, I get to this a little earlier in the year, but we all know there’s nothing normal about anything right now, so I’m just happy I completed this at all!

 

Subgoal: read all the ebooks on my list.

Still working on this one. I have five left of the original books I meant to read when this year started. (And I’ve tried reading a few of them, but they were checked out! I’ll check again when I’m done with this batch of library books.)

 

Sew at least one thing.

Nope!

 

Knit at least one thing.

My Log Cabin blanket is coming along!

 


I’ve decided I’m on the last round. I’ll tidy up all the ends when I’m done with these last three blocks, and then I’ll surprise my daughter by giving it to her. She’ll love that. : )

 

Crochet at least one thing.

That’s what’s next! I’m going to start on this earwarmer for my daughter as soon as the Log Cabin blanket is done.


Finish my grandmother's cross-stitch.

Done!


Work my way through Prayerbook Hebrew the Easy Way.

Nope, no progress on this front. It’s still sitting here, mocking me!

 

Read at least one book in French.

I’m over halfway through Le Petit Prince, so I *will* finish this by the end of the year; I just need to make it a priority.

 

Bonus: write one thing and get it published.

Nope!

 

Do at least six drawings.

Not yet, but this will start this month. We’re going to do Art on Wednesdays, so I’ll have some time to draw then. Wish me luck!

 

Watch more Karl Johan.

Nope, although I’ve wished I had time for it! Too bad that doesn’t count…

 

So, not too bad of a month. Right now, besides knitting and homeschool prep, my main goal is getting the house 100% in order before school starts. Our living room is our classroom, and I want it to be neat and tidy and not cluttered up, so when we’re there, we can focus on schoolwork and not the giant pile of mess in front of us. And my daughter’s room is currently a nightmare, so we’re going to get *that* in order and taken care of before the school year starts as well (sometimes, we take our afternoon work into her room and hang out, so I want that to be an option for us without having to swim through a giant tangle of toys strewn across the floor). With school starting in three weeks, we’ll see how much progress is made this upcoming month. I’ll do my best! : )

How did you do this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment