Monday, August 8, 2022

What's Been Going On: Thursday, 4 August - Sunday, 7 August, 2022

Good morning, friends! It’s a rainy day here; we woke up to the sounds of rain pouring down, and a little bit of rumbly thunder. It’s supposed to rain on and off throughout the day, which is good; the garden could definitely use it, and I have plenty of inside projects that need to get done!

Two weeks until we start school, so I’m in semi-panic mode about getting the house in tip-top shape before my days become dominated by third grade curriculum (which is good! I’m SO excited about all the things we’ll be covering this year!). Today, I’m going to try to focus on getting the rest of the kitchen taken care of, and getting our mountain of clean laundry folded and put away.

Here's what I was up to the second half of last week!

 

Thursday, 4 August, 2022

I loaded the dishwasher, then sat down for breakfast and coffee. I posted my review for Recommended for You by Laura Silverman over on my book blog, scooped the litterbox, made a pot of lentil cabbage roll soup in the Instant Pot, and filled and ran the dishwasher. I wrote and posted my Thursday post, then had to run my son over to his school, where he still didn’t get everything he needs done, so we’ll have to go back again.

At home, we had lunch, then my daughter and I ran out again to the library in the next town. When we got back home, I emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, and helped my daughter tidy up her room, then I tidied the living room. I knitted and listened to two episodes of the podcast Digging Up the Duggars, which is pretty interesting, examining the Duggars’ old shows for all the red flags that people may have missed when the shows first aired.

After dinner, I did my Duolingo and walked 2.5 miles with my husband and daughter. I put away dinner, showered, showered my daughter, and put her to bed. I read my book, and my husband and I watched one episode of What We Do in the Shadows and one Unusual Suspects.

 

Friday, 5 August, 2022

Happy birthday to me!

After breakfast and coffee, I wrote and posted my Friday post. I got dressed and ready, and we dropped off my husband’s car for an oil change (he does the other cars, but his car is a hybrid and he wasn’t sure what kind of oil it took, so off to our car guy it went!). Then we drove to a local forest preserve, where we rented kayaks and spent a very hot and sweaty hour kayaking around the lake, which was full of turtles on this day. : )

At home, I had lunch, then dozed a bit. I read on the porch, making my way through two chapters of Jesus and John Wayne, then continuing on with In Pain by Travis Rieder. We picked up my husband’s car, then we ordered dinner from a local falafel place and my son and I went to pick it up. YUM!

 


After dinner, I chatted with my mom, then went inside to check the computer, only to remember that there were no synagogue services on this night, so I showered and did my Duolingo. I read for a little bit, my husband and I watched one episode of Unusual Suspects, then I had a terrible night of sleep. Bummer!

 

Saturday, 6 August, 2022

I had coffee, farted around on the internet for a while, then got dressed and ready and loaded and ran the dishwasher. And then it was off to get my daughter her COVID booster shot! She wasn’t thrilled, but she handled it well, and then we went off to Petsmart to peek at the kitties up for adoption and next door to Five Below, where my daughter picked out a kids’ cookbook as a reward.

After lunch, I took my daughter to the library in the next town, and at home, I continued to read on the porch. I picked some basil from the backyard and my husband made pesto (this is one of like two or three dishes he makes really well!). We all enjoyed pesto for dinner, and my son and I walked 2.5 miles. I showered, did my Duolingo, put my daughter to bed (we finished What the Witch Left), read my book, and my husband and I watched one episode of Unusual Suspects before bed.

 

Sunday, 7 August, 2022

After coffee and breakfast, I messed around on the internet for a bit, then got dressed and ready. And then the kids and I were off to a used book sale. It was HOT in there, but it was worth it; we came home with two bags of really great books, so I’m happy!

 



 At home, we had lunch. I filled and ran the dishwasher, took out the compost and recycling, tidied the living room, and finished reading In Pain. I wrote three book reviews (I am SO behind on posting!), played online for a bit, and reheated the leftover soup for dinner. As I was finishing eating, someone local posted online and offered a bunch of produce up on Freecycle. I’d picked up things from her before, so I knew she was close by, so I said I’d be happy to run over and grab it, and I did. When I got home, this comically enormous zucchini was at the bottom of the very heavy bag: 


We all died laughing!!!

I finished tidying the kitchen and ran the dishwasher, then I went up to shower. I read more of Jesus and John Wayne, then my husband and I watched one Unusual Suspects before going to bed.

 

And that’s it! I’m going to get my son up in a few and see if he wants to continue trying to get his school stuff done, and then it’s home to commence my kitchen organizing adventure, along with getting dinner prepped for tonight, and some volunteer work later on today. Busy, busy, busy!

Wishing you all a wonderful and productive week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...that sounds like a productive weekend...I love a good book sale...but I haven't been to one in a couple of years...our library used to have one in February...maybe they will again...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a great birthday. :) These book sales just started back up not too long ago; they were a staple before COVID, but they're back now (we're some of the few mask-wearers in there!), and it's always a balm to my soul to come home with a stack of new books. :) My library growing up used to have a yearly book sale, which I LOVED. Truly the best part of the year for me as a kid! :)
      Have a great weekend!!!

      Delete