Thursday, August 11, 2022

What's Been Going On: Monday, 8 August - Wednesday, 10 August, 2022

Hello, slightly cooler weather! Yesterday was a little toasty, but Tuesday was absolutely beautiful out (Monday was also cooler, but it rained most of the day). We’ve got a string of cooler days for a bit, and it’ll be so nice to have the AC off and the windows open for a bit. I appreciate the air conditioning, but I really love having the windows open.

It’s been a nice week so far; nothing too intense, which I can always appreciate! Hopefully things are chill where you’re at all well; with school starting soon, life is going to get a little crazier around here. : )

Here’s what I’ve been up to the last few days!

 

Monday, 8 August, 2022

After coffee, I wrote and posted Monday’s post, then I edited and posted a review for Koshersoul by Michael W. Twitty over on my book blog. I got dressed and ready, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, then made a batch of taco-spiced lentils in the Instant Pot. I made a batch of guacamole, and then it was off to my son’s school, where he met with a counselor who was infinitely more helpful than the last. He’s got his four classes picked out; now it’s just a matter of figuring out which class to schedule when. I read my book in the car while we waited.

At home, we had lunch, then I did an hour of volunteer work, then I sauteed a batch of onions, garlic, peppers, and zucchini, then I took the compost out. I tried to lie down, since I had a bit of a headache, but my daughter was chatting with her cousin on her kindle, and napping was impossible, so I had an extra cup of coffee, which helped. I messed around on the computer for a bit, then made some rice in the rice cooker and tidied up the kitchen table and various other things in the kitchen. There’s always something to clean, right?

After dinner (homemade Chipotle bowls), I did my Duolingo, and my son and I went on a 2.5-mile walk. I put dinner away, showered, then put my daughter to bed (we started reading Tilly and the Bookwanderers by Anna James). I read my book, and my husband and I watched one episode of Unusual Suspects before bed.

 

Tuesday, 9 August, 2022

After coffee, I posted my review for The Survival List by Courtney Sheinmel on my book blog. I did an hour of volunteer work, got dressed and ready, then my daughter and I ran to Aldi to grab a few things we were out of that couldn’t wait, like milk and tortillas. At home, I scooped the litterbox, filled and ran the dishwasher, and started a load of laundry. Then I folded and put away TWO very large baskets full of laundry.

After lunch, I emptied and refilled the dishwasher, made some refried beans in the Instant Pot, and then my daughter and I read out on the porch until my dad and his wife showed up. We visited with them for a good long while outside, and after they left, I took my daughter to the library – she had won the $50 Target gift card that was a prize for their summer reading program! What a sweet deal! She was absolutely thrilled, and both of us came home with a few extra books. : )

At home, I tidied various things around the house and blended the beans. We had dinner (burritos made from leftovers!), then I did my Duolingo, and my son and I took advantage of the nice cool weather and walked 4 miles. I showered, started reading both The Explosive Child by Ross Greene and As If On Cue by Marisa Kanter, then my husband and I watched one episode of Unusual Suspects before bed.

 

Wednesday, 10 August, 2022

After coffee and breakfast, I got dressed, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, then took out the compost, trash, and recycling. I did a bunch of research on the computer for something I’m considering writing, then read to my daughter for a bit.

After lunch, I hung out on the computer, watching some music videos performance videos with my daughter and helping her with her drawing (mostly just encouragement; she gets really down on herself when things don’t turn out the way she wants them to). When my husband got home, my son and I got gas, returned library books, then hit up three grocery stores. Grocery shopping wasn’t bad this week. No huge deals, but nothing super expensive either, so these days, that’s a win!

I put the groceries away and cooked the pizza, then worked on this post for a bit. After dinner, I did my Duolingo, showered, and then did some work on the computer. I put my daughter to bed, read my book, and my husband and I watched one episode of Unusual Suspects before bed.

 

And that’s it! Today, we’re having a picnic with my mom as a belated birthday celebration for me, which should be fun. We’re going to a local forest preserve, so after we eat, we’ll walk around. It’s only supposed to be in the 70’s today, so hurray for not sweating half to death!

Wishing you all a great week! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment